YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
- Ecovis Clark Jacobs is bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time we are required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate fully.
What Sort Of Information Does Ecovis Clark Jacobs Collect And Hold?
We collect information about you (the “Information”) in several ways.
- We collect the Information when you engage the organisation so that we may provide you with our services. This can include, for example, name and contact details, gender, date of birth, bank account and investment details, Tax File Number, Australian Business Number, and salary and employment details.
- Due to the nature of our business it is usually not practical for individuals we deal with to remain anonymous, or to use a pseudonym. However, on occasion this may be possible (for instance when seeking client feedback).
What Happens If You Do Not Provide The Information?
- If we are not provided with the Information we require, we will not be able to contact you or to conduct services on your behalf.
Why and How Does Ecovis Clark Jacobs Collect The Information And How Is It Used By Us?
- We collect the Information from individuals via email messages, telephone conversations, face-to-face meetings, completed forms or by third parties.
- We collect the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to complete your annual tax return.
- We also use the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request.
- Occasionally, we may use the Information to contact you about new services or special offers we think you will find of value. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by contacting us or unsubscribing from our email list.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
To Whom Does Ecovis Clark Jacobs Disclose Your Personal Information?
- We do not sell or rent our client database.
- As part of an engagement we may disclose the Information to government or regulatory agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Securities & Investments Commission and the Office of State Revenue.
- Ecovis Clark Jacobs is a member of the Ecovis network, which has independent member firms in over 50 countries. Depending on the circumstances of a particular engagement we may disclose your personal information to one of these affiliates. In such an instance we will first advise you that we are passing on your information. For a list of where the Ecovis affiliates are located, please click here
- Ecovis Clark Jacobs utilises Docusign for the exchange and signing of financial and taxation documents. If this is of any concern please contact us.
- If you have engaged or are considering engaging ECJ Online Pty Limited A.C.N. 609 863 194 to provide services to you, we may share your personal information with ECJ Online Pty Limited to assist in the provision of any services that ECJ Online Pty Limited is providing or may provide to you.
- Depending on the nature of an engagement we may be required to pass on the Information to our external professional advisors. In such an instance we will first advise you that we are forwarding your information.
- We will not disclose personal information obtained from you to any third parties, other than those set out in the policy, unless you consent.
How Will Ecovis Clark Jacobs Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
We have security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control. These measures include:
- We conduct our business from a secure office – a security pass is required so unauthorised persons cannot enter.
- Data protection software is installed on our office computers. This includes Anti-Virus software on the servers and workstations, Anti-Spam on the Cloud server, Firewall (Cisco 887). Monthly Windows updates are conducted on the servers and workstations.
- Clauses are included in employee agreements ensuring confidentiality of any personal information held by us, including the disclosure of client names.
- The obligation of staff to continue to exercise confidentiality regarding client information once ceasing employment with us, as per our employee terms and conditions.
- Conducting staff training and workplace policies regarding the handling of personal information.
- All draft /unused paperwork in the office is disposed of securely in locked security bins.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
Ecovis Clark Jacobs gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:
- You may gain access to Information that Ecovis Clark Jacobs has collected about you by contacting the person named below. All requests must be in writing. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
- You may update or correct your personal information with us at any time by notifying us in writing.
You may make a complaint about Ecovis Clark Jacobs’ handling of your personal information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your personal information, by contacting the person named below.
We will endeavour to resolve any concerns regarding the handling of your personal information as soon as possible.
How to Contact Us
Ecovis Clark Jacobs
PO Box Q724, QVB Post Office, NSW 1230
Phone: +61 2 9264 1111
Fax: +61 2 9264 1344